Best Self Bagging Pooper Scoopers Summary
- Best Overall Self Bagging Pooper Scooper: ARM & HAMMER Swivel Bin & Rake Pooper Scooper
We like the overall quality and practicality of the self bagging pooper scooper.
- Best Self Bagging Pooper Scooper For Small Dogs: Dog Pooper Scooper with Replaceable Bags
We like the sturdiness, convenience, and capacity of the self bagging pooper scooper suitable for small dogs.
- Best Self Bagging Pooper Scooper For Walks: DogBuddy Pooper Scooper
We like the lightweight design and portability of the self bagging pooper scooper.
- Best Eco-friendly Self Bagging Pooper Scooper: Dispoz-A-Scoop Safety Scoopers
We like the no-touch use and eco-friendliness of the self bagging pooper scooper.
- Best Self Bagging Pooper Scooper For Grass: Doody Digger Pooper Scooper
We like the one-piece design of the self bagging pooper scooper and ease of use on grassy surfaces.
- The large capacity pooper scooper is perfect for quick, multi-waste pick-ups on grass, concrete, and gravel surfaces.
- The extended reach, lightweight handle is ergonomically designed for easy pick-up.
- They are 2x thicker than standard grocery bags to effectively contain large quantities of pet waste.
Is There an Automatic Pooper Scooper?
Yes, there are automatic pooper scoopers on the market. Before you get excited about leaving your poo cleanup duty to a machine, you should know that automatic scoopers have been available for a while, but they haven’t caught on for a good reason.
To make matters worse, these scoopers weren’t fully automatic since they still required you to move them and press a button for them to scoop. They basically require about the same effort as a non-automatic scooper.
Not all hope is lost, though, a robotics company is currently working on a fully automatic pooper scooper. The scooper, currently referred to as the Beetl, will operate itself without your guidance. It will have a front camera that tells it where the poo is and an automatic claw system that hovers and scoops the detected poo. It will be battery operated and will recharge itself when not in use.
Beetl robotics has been working on this robot for years and has been teasing it since 2019, but it remains to be seen.
While we wait for the Beetl, you will have to stick to old-fashioned scooping methods. You can still get creative with how you pick up your dog’s poop, and what better way than to use a self-bagging pooper scooper.
What are the Benefits of a Self-Bagging Pooper Scooper?
A high-quality, self bagging pooper scooper comes with various benefits. Here is a short review of the most important ones:
- No touching dog poop. Some dog owners don’t like to touch or even get close to dog poo, which is a completely justifiable sentiment. A scoop with a bag enables you to enjoy living with your doggie without having to worry about dog waste management.
- Makes pooper scooper easier to clean. By adding a bag over your scooper, you keep it out of contact with the poop, which keeps it clean. A scooper that comes in direct contact with poop needs cleaning after every use, while one that works with a bag doesn’t.
- Pooper scooper lasts longer. Pooper scoopers, particularly metallic ones, tend to wear faster from cleaning due to water damage and corrosion from cleaning agents like bleach. If you clean your scoop less often, it takes on less damage from cleaning hence lasts a longer time.
- Keeps your backyard clean. What better way to keep your environment clean than by making cleaning more bearable. Self-bagging poop scoops make pick-up duty easier, faster, and more efficient leaving your yard looking and smelling clean and fresh.
The Best Self Bagging Pooper Scoopers Reviewed
The pet market can be a tricky place when choosing the best self-bagging pooper scooper. To make things easier, we have carefully selected and reviewed the best pooper scoopers with bagging mechanisms.
Summary: This bin and rake scooper from Petmate is great for dog owners because of its durable build, unique design, and ease of use. Instead of a typical metal tray, it is shaped as a bin that swivels whenever you need it to.
- Fits a wide variety of bags
- Has a long handle (32 inches)
- Lightweight (1.5 lbs)
- Large rake is suitable for a wide variety of dog sizes and breeds
- Often out of stock due to its high popularity
Review: Dog owners love this scooper for its functionality and durable build. They say it’s easy to assemble, use, and store. The swivel bin makes poop pick up and disposal so much easier.
Summary: This ergonomic scooper is ideal for the dog owner of a small dog that is tired of touching poo. The scoop has jaws that enable it to work on grass, concrete, and gravel. It is lightweight so you don’t have to worry about it being a burden on walks. Even kids can easily operate it.
- Has a bag holder that also acts as a bag dispenser
- The jaw scoop makes scooping easy on all surfaces
- Compact design -- during storage and travel
- Requires one hand to operate
The handle is short, so you still have to bend significantly
Review: Customers say that this scoop is so helpful during walks and yard cleanup. The bags are another plus because they remove the need for frequent cleaning of the scoop. All in all, the scoop is very much worth the price.
Summary: The DogBuddy remains one of the most popular scoopers among dog owners due to its simple but functional design. It works well for all-size dogs, and its light weight makes walking with it a breeze. If you are one to forget your scoop before walks, attaching it to your dog’s leash is the perfect solution.
- The scoop comes in two sizes to accommodate both small and large dogs
- Lightweight nature makes it easy to carry, store, and transport
- Attaches to a dog leash, so you never forget it
- Has a waste bag compartment
- Still requires you to bend
Review: Customers love the strong, durable build of this scoop. They say that it works well for both small and large dogs. The leash attachment is great for dog owners that take walks often with their dogs since they don’t have to worry about forgetting the scoop.
Summary: To operate this scooper, you simply place the bag next to the poop and gently scoop it into the open end. After the poop is fully in the scoop, press down the cardboard handle to close the bag. Unlike other scoopers, these are single-use since they are made of a plastic bag and a simple wireframe and handle.
- 99% biodegradable
- The seal keeps the odor inside the bag
- Easy to use
- Very convenient during times of travel
- Dog can poop directly into the bag
- Requires bending, so you still have to come close to the poop while scooping
Review: Amazon reviews of this scoop describe it as clean and easy to use. The scoop has many devoted fans that have loved it for years. Customers believe that these bags are well worth the slightly higher price.
Summary: This scooper is one of the unique poop pick-up tools. The device is a long hollow tube with a scoop at one end. At the other end, you can attach a bag using the tie that comes with the scooper. To pick up, all you have to do is scoop and let the poop run through the tube into the bag at the other end. The Doody Digger is made from durable plastic and has a handle that requires only one hand to operate.
- Requires one hand to operate
- No bending while scooping
- Comes with five bags but is also compatible with any type of bag
- Might be challenging to clean inside the tube
- Not as effective on hard surfaces like concrete
Review: Pet owners report that the Doody Digger exceeds their expectations in keeping their homes clean. The scoop is very easy to use and more importantly, easy to maintain. It is especially wonderful for dog owners with large or multiple dogs.
What is the Best Self-Bagging Pooper Scooper?
The ARM & HAMMER Swivel Bin & Rake Pooper Scooper. It ticks off all the considerations to keep in mind when choosing a good dog poop scooper, which include:
- Size. A good pooper scooper must be the right size to suit the needs of a dog owner. Large dogs like Great Danes tend to leave bigger piles of poop than toy breeds like the Chihuahua. With a bigger scoop, you are able to collect a larger volume of poop without making multiple rounds to the trash can.
- Handle length. For dog owners who prefer to do pet waste management upright, a long handle is a must. If you are very tall, be sure to get a scooper with a handle at least 30 inches long.
- Durability. Be sure to purchase a heavy-duty scooper that can stand the test of time without falling apart. Rust-resistant metallic scoopers tend to last very long, but strong plastic materials can be just as durable. Just be sure to avoid the thin, flimsy kind.
- Bag quality. Even though a dog poop bag only serves once, it still needs to be of good quality to prevent spills and leakages while picking poop. Dog waste bags usually come in different kinds of plastic, so they should be able to last a single use. Plastic grocery bags also work as waste bags but can sometimes be challenging due to sizing and quality.
- Weight. Because you have to carry your scooper while cleaning, it is ideal to get a lightweight one. If your kids help out with cleaning, you will have to get a scooper that they can handle. Luckily most scoopers are lightweight and don’t exceed 3 lbs.