Related Articles: The Honest Kitchen Dog Food, The Honest Kitchen Dog Food Toppers, The Honest Kitchen Dog Supplements, The Honest Kitchen Cat Food, The Honest Kitchen Bone Broth for Dogs, The Honest Kitchen Dog Treats, The Honest Kitchen Cat Food, The Honest Kitchen Cat Food Toppers, The Honest Kitchen Cat Treats, The Honest Kitchen
What Did We Think of The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements?
- Customers can get 30% off on their first orders of $30+ using code VETERINARIANS30.
- The Honest Kitchen is a dog and cat food company that was created in 2002 to provide a full line of human-grade pet food to the market. All of their products are made from non-GMO ingredients, fillers, or meat meals, and are free of artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors.
- The brand offers products for cats which include dry cat food, dehydrated cat food, wet cat food, cat toppers, cat treats, and cat supplements.
- Their cat supplements include probiotic goat’s milk and an herbal digestive supplement to provide nutritive support to cats in the form of recipes full of probiotics and herbs.
- The Honest Kitchen is famously known for human-grade food for pets that have met the same excellent standards for production and quality as food for people.
- Use code VETERINARIANS30 for 30% off
- HUMAN GRADE: Each treat uses human-grade ingredients.
- JUST TWO INGREDIENTS: This high-protein cat treat is made with just dehydrated wild-caught white fish and a touch of sea salt.
- WE SAY NO TO: This recipe contains no artificial preservatives, feed-grade by-products, fillers, GMO ingredients, corn, wheat, or soy.
Veterinarians.org Rating of The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements:
We give The Honest Kitchen cat treats a 7 out of 10 stars based on the quality of the ingredients used. Some ingredients in their perfect form herbal digestive supplement can be researched further to understand their benefits for digestion in cats, but we like several aspects, including the human-grade ingredient quality and transparency of which sources are involved. The packing is convenient and easily storable and is in powdered form. Their involvement as a certified B corporation also makes them a brand with a wonderful impact on the pet community which you can read more about in their impact report. They also offer discounts to help you feed non-profit rescue pups and cats.
What are The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements?
The Honest Kitchen cat supplements are human-grade, grain-free, high-quality cat supplements made from certified human-grade sources. These products are made from recipes that contain herbs and probiotics to provide additional nutritive support to your cats. The brand was founded by Lucy Postins, an animal-loving foodie that had first ventured into the world of recipe creation for her dog Mosi who had frequent ear infections and skin problems. She knew that improving his diet could alleviate his condition, but found that there was nothing on the market that offered a healthy, whole-food solution. The products contain human-grade ingredients sourced mainly from North America and are fully disclosed on their webpage.
Where are The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements Made?
The Honest Kitchen products are made in San Diego, California, USA at a human food facility that uses the same quality ingredients as healthy people’s food.
How are The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements Made?
The Honest Kitchen is made up of a dedicated team of animal-loving people that ensure the quality control of their products with a system that provides the best ingredients. Suppliers are required to provide proof of food origins, screening, handling, cleaning, and more to ensure that their products are grain-free, and have no artificial preservatives, feed-grade by-products, fillers, GMO ingredients, corn, wheat, or soy.
Their products adhere to the HACCP™ system with ingredients that meet the FDA and USDA requirement for human foods and have a lot-specific certificate of analysis and/or undergoes testing to verify the chemistry, physical, and microbiological requirements.
The Honest Kitchen goat’s milk for cats is guaranteed to include 1.5 billion active probiotics that work to restore the natural microbiome in your cat’s stomach. Their promise to all their clients is that all their cat supplements are:
- Human Grade
- Made in the USA (with US & globally sourced ingredients)
- No artificial preservatives, feed-grade by-products, fillers, GMO ingredients, corn, wheat, or soy
- Vet recommended
- With Money Back Guarantee
Are The Honest Kitchen Supplements Good for Cats?
Yes, probiotics are a safe and natural way to support your cat’s gut health when experiencing gastrointestinal upset. The 1.5 billion active beneficial bacteria in their goat’s milk are great for additional calcium support and GI support. Their Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement has a mixture of herbal ingredients for digestive support as well.
The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements Reviewed
The Honest Kitchen brand promotes “the honest difference” in their products compared to most commercially available pet food. Their supplements are been approved by human-grade standards which they set for all their products, hence assuring quality and safety for your beloved pet’s consumption. Their supplements promote gut health through beneficial live microorganisms and a mixture of herbs.
The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements Summary
The Honest Kitchen cat treats are manufactured in facilities designed with a high standard of quality as human food. The brand adheres to the HACCP™ system with ingredients that meet the FDA and USDA requirements for human-grade ingredients they use on their products. Their supplements are easily accessible through their website which provides potential buyers with all the information they need on the brand, their work, their system, and the label data on their products ensuring transparency in their goal to an honest difference.
The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplement Formulas
The Honest Kitchen offers two cat supplement products:
The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplement Pros
- 30% off on first orders of $30+ using code VETERINARIANS30
- Their goat’s milk supplement contains 1.5 billion active probiotics
- Their goat’s milk contains numerous Lactobacillus species that have been studied to help alleviate some of the clinical signs associated with Inflammatory Bowel Disease in cats.
- Their Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement contains slippery elm that can help with diarrhea and stomach upset
- Their supplements come in a handy can in powder form with ration instructions
The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplement Cons
- Goat’s milk can still cause stomach upset in some cats
- Goat’s milk is not a recommended milk replacer for young kittens
- The herbs used in the Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement have not been researched well enough to understand how well they improve digestion in cats.
- The nutrient content in the Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement is not indicated
The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplement Reviews
Their cat treats have an average of a 4.7 out of 5-star rating among their buyers with their Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement being the more popular one. The products are overall well received with many commenting on how their products have improved their cats’ diarrhea and have become their routine everyday supplement to avoid future stomach upsets.
What Cat Food Ingredients does The Honest Kitchen Use?
Ingredient List: Dehydrated goat’s milk, dried Bacillus coagulans fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus rhamnosus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product
Main Ingredient Analysis and Safety:
- Dehydrated Goat’s Milk: Generally safe when given in non-excessive amounts but is not a recommended replacer for young kittens as it may still cause intolerance during the digestive process.
- Bacillus coagulans fermentation product: Great for proper digestion and bowel health by modulating the mucosal bacteria. It protects the intestinal lining from infections and inflammations such as inflammatory bowel disease, ulcerative colitis, and Clostridium infections.
- Lactobacillus casei fermentation product: Generally safe and has also been studied to help alleviate some of the clinical signs associated with Inflammatory Bowel Disease in cats.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus fermentation product: Generally safe and has also been studied to help alleviate some of the clinical signs associated with Inflammatory Bowel Disease in cats.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product: Assists intestinal health and immune function by soothing the GI tract, increasing the absorption of nutrients, and supporting vitamin B synthesis. It can also provide relief for skin issues.
Nutrient Profile: The label indicates that the treats contain 35% protein and 1% fat per dry cup. The product is relatively low in fat but has a little over the recommended amount of protein that is needed for daily function in cats.
Ingredient List: Papaya leaf, plantain leaf, Slippery elm, pumpkin seed, pectin, papain, and fennel
Main Ingredient Analysis and Safety:
- Papaya leaf: Papaya leaf has been used for the enzyme papain that allows for the breaking down of large proteins into smaller, easier-to-digest proteins and amino acids. The leaves have been studied for some benefits in lowering blood sugar and decreasing inflammation in humans but these studies have only been significant for humans and not for cats.
- Slippery elm: Generally safe and has no known side effects. The active ingredient is mucilage, which is a substance that becomes viscous and gel-like when mixed with water and can act as a protective coating in the stomach and intestines. This feature makes it useful in relieving gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea and stomach upset.
- Pumpkin seed: Pumpkin seeds have been thought to be a natural dewormer for cats but research has not shown supportive evidence for this claim. Pumpkin is also high in calories and high fiber content so should be skipped for cats that are advised to watch out for fiber and calorie content. its benefits have been well-studied in humans but not in cats.
- Pectin: Pectin is a gastrointestinal protectant that is used to treat diarrhea and certain toxicities but it should be noted that some cats may be allergic to it. Pectin should be cautiously used in very old, very young, or debilitated pets as well as some side effects can include constipation.
- Papain: Papain is an enzyme extracted from the Papaya plant and can be used as enzyme supplementation when treating the deficiency in cats’ digestion. However, evidence in companion animals is lacking to support the general use of enzymes.
- Fennel: Fennel is not included in the ASPCA list of toxic foods so cats can eat fennel but in small quantities. Fennel is a natural source of fiber that may allow for more whole stool in cats with diarrhea.
Nutrient Profile: The Honest Kitchen Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement does not have a nutrient analysis indicated on its website.
How Much Do The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements Cost?
The Honest Kitchen Cat Blend Instant Goat’s milk costs $14.99. Their 3.2 oz Perfect Form Herbal Digestive Supplement for Dogs and Cats costs $10.99 and is available for purchase on their website www.thehonestkitchen.com
Are The Honest Kitchen Cat Supplements Worth it?
Yes, their supplements are worth it, especially for owners that are particular about providing high-quality products for their pet’s consumption. Their treats are made from human-grade ingredients that are great sources of probiotics and herbs for your cats that have dietary issues. Their packaging is convenient to use and is in a powdered form. They are easily storable for future use and have guidelines on their website on the life stages the specific supplement is suitable for.