Related Articles: Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for Bed, Dog Ramp for Car, Dog Ramp for Stairs, Dog Ramp for Couch, Small Dog Ramp, Adjustable Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for SUV, Outdoor Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp for Truck, Dog Ramp for High Bed, Dog Boat Ramp, Folding Dog Ramp, Dog Agility Ramp, Large Dog Ramp, Foam Dog Ramp, Dog Dock Ramp, Portable Dog Ramp, Dog Ramp with Rails, Extra Wide Dog Ramp, Cheap Dog Ramp, RV Dog Ramp, Dog Pool Ramp
The Best Overall Wooden Dog Ramp
- Best Overall Wooden Dog Ramp: PetSafe CozyUp Bed Ramp for Dogs
Well-carpeted and with a solid build, this wooden dog ramp is ideal for dogs of all sizes and ages.
- Best USA-Made Wooden Dog Ramp: USA Made Adjustable Pet Ramp
Made of baltic birch, this wooden dog ramp has a high-traction mat for extra grip.
- Best Foldable Wooden Dog Ramp: BIRDROCK HOME Adjustable Dog Ramp
A foldable and adjustable wooden dog ramp for small pets who have trouble getting on high beds.
- Best Adjustable Wooden Dog Ramp: Senneny Wooden Adjustable Pet Ramp
This adjustable piece of pet furniture is the perfect addition to any living room.
- Best Attractive Wooden Dog Ramp: PETMAKER Foldable Wooden Ramp
This non-slip wooden dog ramp features an extra attractive design and is safe to use.
- Best Wooden Ramp for Multiple Dogs: Kerrogee 2-in-1 Dog Pet Stairs
A two-in-one staircase and wooden dog ramp with an ingenious design, multipurpose design.
What are the Benefits of Wooden Dog Ramps?
The wooden dog ramp has a range of benefits, including:
- Mobility. If you have an elderly dog that loves its favorite spot on the couch, but old age and bad joints have weighed it down, you should consider getting a wooden ramp.
- Eco-Friendly. Wood is undoubtedly a better alternative for your pet when compared to plastic or metal. Wood is more sturdy and eco-friendly, as well.
- Aesthetics. Wooden ramps are also liked because they fit in better in a house with wooden furniture, and go well with home improvement projects.
- Access. Getting a ramp for your dogs and cats also saves your back as you don’t have to repeatedly bend down to get your dog off the floor and into bed. This can be especially useful when your pet needs to get on or off the bed while you are preoccupied.
The Best Wooden Dog Ramps Reviewed
Before clicking checkout, take a look at the best sellers in the wooden dog ramp category.
Summary: The PetSafe CozyUp Bed Ramp is one of the best ramp options on the market and will help your furry friend get on the sofa or your bed with ease. It is extremely durable and has a strong build. The cherry color of the wood can seamlessly fit into the house and your furniture.
Weight Capacity: Up to 120 pounds
Size: 70 x 16 x 25 inches
- Made of good quality wood
- Heavy-duty carpet avoids slippage
- Easy to assemble
- Doesn’t come assembled
- Doesn’t fold
- Uneasy storage
Review: Most customers love the ramp, but despite the extra carpeting, it’s doesn’t deliver the best grip. Many owners found their dogs slipping. Others, however, had absolutely no complaints and loved how sturdy and robust the ramp is.
Summary: The USA-made adjustable Pet Ramp is ideal for smaller dogs who have trouble getting up on the bed or the couch. Even elderly dogs with trouble getting on their favorite spot on the couch will find this extremely useful. It comes with six adjustable settings and is collapsible, making it super easy to store and put away when not in use.
Weight Capacity: Up to 200 pounds
Size: 40 x 16 x 24 inches
- Well built
- Easy to fold
- High-quality baltic birch wood
- Steep slope
- Not the best option for short dogs with back issues
Review: Customers love the USA-Made Adjustable Pet Ramp as it is convenient to set up and work with. Dogs also prefer this greatly over a staircase.
Summary: The Birdrock Home Adjustable Dog Ramp is an adjustable ramp that enables your small dog to reach the top of your bed or the furniture out of reach. It has a simple design that fits right into any room decor and is plenty sturdy.
Weight Capacity: Up to 75lbs
Size: Short Setting: 14” Width x 35” Length x 12” Height
Medium Setting: 14” Width x 35” Length x 14” Height
Tall Setting: 14” Width x 35” Length x 16” Height
Collapsed: 14” Width x 35” Length x 2” Height
- Simple design
- Easy assembly
- Easy storage
- The tallest height is 16”
- Slips on hardwood floors
Review: Customers love the simple design of the BIRDROCK HOME Adjustable Dog Ramp, especially for small, elderly dogs that weigh around 10 lbs. Many have called it a ‘well-made product’ and don’t mind the short height of the ramp. However, the lack of anti-skid stickers at the bottom makes it hard to stay in one place.
Summary: The Senneny Wooden Adjustable Pet Ramp has a simple design and is adjustable in 4 different heights that you can adjust according to your furniture. It is free-standing and does not need to be held up against a wall or any piece of furniture. It has a very sturdy build and is made of high-quality solid wood.
Weight Capacity: Up to 100 pounds
Size: 39.8 x 16.8 x 3.4 inches
- Adjustable height
- HIgh-fabric carpet surface
- Grooves on the ramp to prevent slippage
- Non-slip carpet
- Very small dogs that tend to be jumpy might fall off
Review: Similar to the other dog ramps for bed, the carpeting, and grooves on the surface look promising, but dogs, big or small, tend to slip on it, especially in the steepest setting. This means that they generally can’t get up on the furniture or bed, slip down the ramp, and run into other objects, which can be pretty dangerous. Customers like that it’s easy to move and highly portable.
Summary: The PETMAKER Foldable Wooden Ramp is a wonderful, high-quality ramp with great traction. It is a safe option for both young and senior dogs alike. It is lightweight and easy to use. Additionally, it can be conveniently folded after use for easy storage and carrying around.
Weight Capacity: Up to 80 pounds
Size: 28 x 4 x 15 inches; 11.24 Pounds
- Soft cushion
- Easy storage
- Made of real attractive wood
- Not adjustable
- Cushion cover difficult to replace
Review: Pet owners love the design of this wooden pet ramp as it occupies little space. However, the carpet surface has not been a favorite as the fabric is ‘too slippery.’ The folding dog ramp is also quite steep. Hence, large dogs and older dogs have trouble climbing. Getting down is generally a breeze.
Summary: The pet Kerrogee 2-in-1 Dog Wooden Steps easily convert from a 3-step stair to a ramp. This makes it very easy for old and arthritic pets to reach beds, cars, couches, and more. It requires no assembly and can be collapsed and stowed away when not used. These dog stairs are very sturdy and made of wood.
Weight Capacity: Up to 150lbs
Size: 32 x 20.25 x 3.5 inches
- Easy storage
- High-quality wood structure
- Great design
- Compact pet steps
- Height not adjustable
- Not non-slip pet stairs
Review: Customers love the Kerrogee 2-in-1 Dog Pet Ladder. Many love the height and how easy it is to set up. Dogs also love using both the stairs and the ramp. Some customers have reported that it’s a little slippery. The step pet stairs do not wobble. Many with senior dogs love to fold these dog steps to carry them in the car, even when visiting other places.
What is the Best Wooden Dog Ramp?
If you are looking for a wooden dog ramp, here are a few things to consider:
- Weight. The weight of the dog ramp is essential to consider. You don’t want anything too heavy, but at the same time, you don’t want anything that wobbles.
- Durability. Wood is a natural material. However, it is more prone to damage, especially from water. Ensure that your dog or cat ramp is water and, preferably, scratch-resistant.
- Traction Surface. The ramp should have an anti-slip traction surface with a good carpet area, allowing your pet to get on and off quickly. It should not be too steep, too.
- Foldable and Adjustable. Like other pet supplies, you want to carry the dog ramp wherever you go. A portable dog ramp should be compact (easy to store and fold). Even better, if it is adjustable.